Sunday, December 15, 2013

holiday happiness

It’s been a month since the start of the school holidays.

To parents, the school holidays are a time when every sort of schedule is thrown out the window, dollars fly out of the wallet faster than usual and is a potentially miserable period of being wracked with guilt if the kids are doing nothing. Or are on the computer. Or are watching TV. 

With that in mind, and the fact that Jo joins Day this long year-end holiday (June doesn’t count because of the Korean distraction) I just aimed for one thing:

I must be as happy as they are.

That means I will not be miserable making them happy.

At the nitty gritty level, that means:
  • I don't care (too much) if they are doing nothing or are on the computer or watching TV the whole day long.
  • If we go gai-gai, they have to do and see things which I also want to do and see. So no going to places where I have to wait and watch them enjoying themselves.
  • We do free or cheap things. Hence Haw Par Villa, museums (free admission for Singaporeans) and East Coast Park for sweaty times.
P1000396
* Park gyms.

P1000549
* National Museum Mediacorp exhibition

Did it work? Did I enjoy the holiday?

I think so! We are Happy Campers.

Unfortunately, I ultimately end up blowing a chunk on a Club Med holiday which starts tomorrow. But that’s really for me.

P1000402

No comments: