Monday, January 26, 2015

drinking “beer”

IMG_3530

Finally, I got it.

I had been looking to buy a beer tower for three years.

It suddenly popped into my head sometime in 2012 (when I went to a brewery and spotted one which was unfortunately not for sale) that a beer tower is the perfect water dispenser for our family.

Because one, they kids don’t drink much water and I thought part of that was because they could not be bothered to lift up a heavy water jug and pour their own water. It’s easy and kind of fun to switch a lever with a tiger on it.

Two, because the beer tower holds so much, it means I don’t have to fill it up with water that often. (it used to be that the water jug was empty half the day as nobody bothered to fill it )

Three, a beer tower looks nice and it’s kind of cool.

I couldn’t find one.

It wasn’t the sort of thing I was actively looking for because it’s not urgent and it can’t be bought in a normal mall.

As far as I know, I was told a beer brewery (out in Tuas) sells it, but I wasn’t going to go all the way there.

Then, when we went to Ipoh, I saw a Carlsberg one in my cousin’s house. I said - Wah! Where did you this? I’ve been looking for one for years! – and he said, Oh, I have two spare ones. You want?

So now we have it. It’s life-changing. Everybody likes getting the water. It even came with a central "tube" for ice which fixes to the top, meant to cool the beer without diluting it, but I didn't need that.

IMG_3553

And because its plastic, its so light and easy to handle. (No, I still don't know where to buy one)

IMG_3556

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous. had been looking for one too!

Sher said...

really very hard to find. think my cousin was given his, like a corporate gift from business associates.

Anonymous said...

At home, we use a stainless steel / aluminum 10l dispenser - very convenient because there's no need to keep refilling - just empty 1 kettle's worth of boiled water into the canister every morning.

For myself, I have a 1l waterbottle - also very convenient - fill and empty it twice a day and voila, sufficient water to keep myself lubricated.

Pearlyn