Thursday, February 26, 2015

scorched

Day wanted a pack of Aglio Olio pasta from the  neighbourhood coffeeshop. More chilli please, he shouted as I walked out the door.

I returned with a pack of power Aglio Olio. When I asked the cook to make it spicier, I didn’t expect this.

IMG_3734

Day soldiered on. He knew I’d be furious if he pushed it over. Sweating, grimacing, downing a gulp of milk after every mouthful of spaghetti (despite my having set aside every piece of chilli), his face flamed, his lips swelled and even his eyeballs were scorched.

IMG_3735

He finished the pasta. I tried one strand and nearly choked when the sting shot up my nose.

He could not eat for the rest of the day.

When he took a dump the next morning, he said his bum stung due to the chilli padi-laced bowels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

next time perhaps you can pour hot water over the pasta to wash away the spiciness of the pasta...

Hai Wei

Zhiwei said...

He's brave!!! He fears your wrath more than the spiciness of the pasta. Lol.

Zhiwei