Friday, March 18, 2016

lu’s 8

This will be the birthday Lu remembers as the one where I left for Nepal on the day itself.

On 18th March, she along with her siblings woke up bright and early at 6am to send Mama off at Terminal 2.

IMG_7264
* Lu saying Bye to me on her birthday

Of course she didn’t want me to go. I hate Nepal, she said.

But I made sure each girl got her own little outing before I left.

Lu was typically certain.

She declared that she wanted to go to the Night Safari with her family. “No friends, please,” she stated. “Can’t I just go out with my family?” She remembers going to the night zoo last year and she must have enjoyed it enough to want to return.

IMG_7230

She was also very determined about her heart’s desire: “Can I have a purple sleeping bag please? The fat puffy kind?”

I was very puzzled. What would she want with a sleeping bag meant for alpine cold? And since she gave me just a few day’s grace – a few days during which I spent frazzled trying to clear stuff – I couldn’t get it for her. A sleeping bag is not something I can get from the neighbourhood mart.

Thankfully, she’s easy to please. The night safari and a simple present was enough.

IMG_7237
* The Night Safari show

No comments: