Tuesday, October 04, 2016

yippee

I got a call from Day at 1030am. “Hello, Ma, I’m done.” Done meaning he’s done with the PSLE forever. (unless he fails and has to re-take the exam)

I hear some yelling in the background. “I’m going out with my friends. I’m not sure what we are doing yet.”

He doesn’t come home the entire day.

He goes to Jordan’s house, has lunch there, goes to a shopping mall playground, goes back to the friend’s house where he has dinner, comes home for a quickie shower and a change of clothes, heads back out to another friend’s house for an over-nighter.

The bunch of boys include kids who have their last paper tomorrow, Higher Mother Tongue. But for Day and the rest of the Primary 6 kids, they don't have to go to school. Instead, they'll be continuing their revelry.

No comments: