Sunday, February 26, 2017

"you're gonna miss me"

From the start of the year, as the girls are assigned to different classes, the BFFAE (Best Friends Forever and Ever) quartet breaks up.

Such is life.

Jo ends up in the same class as the girl who has been her best friend since Primary 1, Emilyn. They seem to have a shared destiny.

Emma heads to a different class, and a fourth ups and leaves for home in Korea.

20170203_223257
* Lu and Jo sending Keunmin off at the airport

Keunmin, sassy and bold, made life very interesting for Jo. She was also the one who dragged Jo and Emilyn into putting up a performance at the school Talent Showcase last year, with her on vocals and the other two beating out a rhythm with cups.

It’s the Cup Song, see, something which old fogeys may not be too familiar with. 

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone"... Strange but the lyrics are strangely prophetic, Keunmin had no idea she would be leaving when they performed this.

If I asked Jo to perform – and I have on multiple occasions – she would always say no, the impression is that she would rather be dragged through the coals of hell than embarrass herself this way. But when Keunmin asked, its “Oh OK”.

I’d better put this up because I think it’s the first and last time Jo is ever going to perform in the talent show.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Hey, I happened to see the video of Bibi (wasn't searching for it. it automatically started playing after the video of the girls' performance ended) and noticed that part of it needed to be rotated.
I hope you don't mind that I've taken the liberty to fix it for you. I know Jo likes things perfect. :)

Here's the link to download it - https://mega.nz/#!3J1ikD7C!tTz9f6ClH0nF3En1Yw2mwLYGpzoPmHEh24iTqqcgp9Y

Choose 'Download through your browser' to have it downloaded straight to your pc.

Sher said...

oh thanks! it was upside down bec i took it upside down, jo went ahead to put the vid together and after that i din know how to rotate the first half...

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that the kid's school encourages them to perform in front of their friends! Is that you on the keyboard?

Sher said...

ah yes. u so sharp.

the shows happen after exams twice a year, during recess. kids hv a rolling good time listening to their friends while munching on their food

Anonymous said...

Was Jo sad to see her friend go?

Indeed, such is life. So sad that at some point, we have to be exposed to some kind of separation of sorts. I was a very sentimental kid and hated being torn apart from anyone close - perhaps because I didn't (and still don't) bond easily. Hahaha!

Sher said...

no she wasnt sad. during the parenting class i attended i was told that people of her personality type are possibly less connected emotionally. this may change in future of course...