Tuesday, May 09, 2017

eczema update

The weather’s turned hot. 

Well its blistering hot and raining in turn, but as I was sweltering under the full blast of the fan the other day, I suddenly realized I wasn't scratching.

This was exactly the kind of hot, wet weather which would have caused weepy patches to bloom anew on my fingers and legs in the past, throughout my 20s and most of my 30s.

They don’t come back anymore, and I'm not taking anything.

Aside from an occasional itch, I just realized they haven’t haunted me for a while. I think it's been about six years since I visited the homeopath. Even when they return, its with decreasing intensity, until it hardly bothers me. 

I don’t know if it was the homeopathy, generally getting healthier (more exercise and sleep, less stress) or staying completely clear of Western meds especially antibiotics. 

It may well return at some point, but for now, I’m just very, very grateful for my state of skin.

So while the weather is horrible, it makes me smile to realize I’m just hot and sweaty, like normal people, and not itchy or battling a skin infection.

Maybe I can even start swimming regularly again.

No comments: